The Abandoned Factory is a Zone in NieR: Automata.
The factory entrance can be accessed by travelling across a collapsed bridge which can be found at the edge of the City Ruins, close to the stationary Engels (after the Goliath battle). After climbing up the stairs close to the Factory: Entrance Transporter and heading left, the doors should open automatically.
|That is why you, the YoRHa forces, exist:|
SPOILER ALERT - Plot details for NieR: Automata follow.
- Chapter 01: Prologue takes place in the factory and is the first place the player will explore, however more of the factory can be opened up later on in the game by various characters.
- For example, 2B gains access to the lower levels of the factory during Chapter 09: Deranged Religion where as 9S can hack various doors in order to find hidden locations or shortcuts.
- Pascal attempts to save the rest of the peaceful machines by taking them to the factory in 14-05.
- A few Sidequests also take place within the factory such as 11B's Memento and Anemone's Past.
Notable Items Edit
- Engine Blade (can be found in a chest at the end of a small jumping puzzle which has the player jump over hydraulic press machines.)
- Virtuous Treaty (can be found opposite the factory entrance where the player died at the end of the prologue and picked up after receiving a mail from the Operator about it.)
- The player may wish to use the Pod's flashlight in order to see better.