Adam: First Encounter is a Unit in NieR: Automata
This unit has achieved an unusual level of evolution among machine lifeforms, as it possesses a strong resemblance to androids. Born naked from a cocoon of machine lifeforms, its movement was initially quite clumsy. It grew rapidly, however, and promptly began learning new methods of attack.
- For the character page, see Adam.
- The player will encounter this unit in 03-03.
- As the fight progresses, Adam learns to attack and defend himself, starting with basic melee attacks, to utilizing energy attacks from a distance.
- When hit by Pod fire Adam will use a projectile shield, which will explode once a threshold is met, dealing damage and knocking back the player. There is a short window in which the player can evade this counter attack if timed correctly.
- The eruptions of energy Adam creates nearing the end of the fight appear on the ground slightly before detonating, leaving the player time to evade.