Marx is a Unit in NieR: Automata
A massive Goliath-class machine lifeform that resembles heavy machinery of old. While it appears to have been constructed solely for its destructive abilities, a closer look at its features tells a different story. While in combat, it comes after foes with a repurposed bucket-wheel excavator.
- This is the first Goliath-class enemy the player will face.
- There are a total of 3 Marx units which can be encountered. The first being in 01-02 1 and the second and third in 01-02_4
- The player is damaged when touched by the spinning saw-blades.
- The individual blades which make up the saw can be destroyed making the unit's attacks less effective.
- This boss is a reference to Karl Marx, german economist, historian, political theorist, sociologist, journalist, and founder of Marxist Theory.