Simone is a Unit in NieR: Automata
A Goliath-class machine lifeform modeled after an opera singer, this unit attacked foes using the repurposed bodies of living androids. Obsessed with a certain other machine lifeform, she put great thought into her appearance - even going so far as to cannibalize her own kind. Alas, such garish decorations only ended up being a spectacular display of poor taste. Her search for beauty eventually led to her demise when she attacked 2B and 9S.
- Simone has a wide array of attacks such as a wave of energy. (similar to the Wave pod program)
- Getting within melee range forces Simone to reveal a hidden machine underneath her mechanical dress which performs melee attacks.
- Another common attack is her use of slow ring like projectiles which infect the player, causing them to commit to a hacking puzzle to escape.
- Halfway though the encounter, Simone summons the bodies of near-death androids which also have the above mentioned wave and ring attacks.
- The less health Simone has the more enraged she becomes, increasing the rate of her attacks.
- Many of her attacks are synchronised to specific parts of her boss theme.
Shortly after she dies in Nier: Automata, Simone is sent to the Library (main setting of SINoALICE). If players use a character besides 2B for the Nier Automata collaboration story event, Simone's monologues will play during the first, fifth, eighth, and twelfth verses.
Like the other beings in this realm, she is driven by her "desires" and kills in order to be beautiful and loved. She is singing throughout the event, which causes Nightmares (enemy mobs in SINoALICE) to gather around her and eases 2B's hunt for her. The Library's mystical powers continue to resurrect Simone due to the strength of her "desires". When she eventually begins to question herself about why she feels this way, she realizes she has long ago forgotten her original motivations for becoming beautiful. Simone then despairs the meaning of her existence, resulting in her final demise.
The non-vocal and vocalized versions of her themes play throughout the event for her boss fight. If players collect 3,000 Nier Medals during the limited-time Nier Automata event, they can exchange them for a SS rank Simone Nightmare. Duplicates that can bolster her max caps are up for 5,000 Nier Medals. Summoning her in battle temporarily lowers the SP costs for all weapon skills in Story or the Colosseum.
- She is named after French feminist philosopher Simone de Beauvoir, famous for saying "We aren't born woman, we become one." The real Simone's surname translates literally as "pretty-looking," and like Simone in the game, she was in love with Jean-Paul Sartre: in her case rather than ignoring her, Sartre is said to have repeatedly cheated on her with other women.