The Tower (also known as the Ark) is a large white machine made spire with shattered block-like support structures scattered across the various Zones. It bears significant resemblance to the Copied City in terms of design. It is the final destination players will encounter in NieR: Automata and is available to both A2 and 9S.
- The entrance to the Tower is located within the crater, left behind after the Goliath attack that took place within the City Ruins.
- It must first be unlocked via hacking the sub-nodes a short distance away from the entrance. To do this requires 3 Access Release Keys which can be obtained after destroying each of the Resource Recovery Units.
|That is why you, the YoRHa forces, exist:|
SPOILER ALERT - Plot details for NieR: Automata follow.
- Upon trying to gain access to the Tower, 9S encounters resistance and is assisted by Devola and Popola in order to successfully enter. (Ch. 17-01)
- During the climb to the top of the Tower A2 finds a Library containing archives of previous human projects and other information. (Ch. 17-04)
- The Tower contains a boss battle with 2 Goliath class enemies: Ko-Shi and Ro-Shi which later combine into one Ko-Shi & Ro-Shi. (Ch. 17-08)
- This is also the location of the final battle between A2 and 9S. (Ch. 17-09)
- It is discovered by first by A2 and then by 9S that the Tower, which was first thought to be a missile launch facility aimed directly at the lunar server on the moon, was in fact an Ark, (referring to the old religious story of Noah's Ark). The machines planned on continuing to evolve by sending their consciousness to the lunar server. If the player chooses 9S during the final battle with A2, they will witness the Novel 9S's Memories in which he gets asked if he wants to Stay or Go with the machines. The decision is ultimately left up to the player however the result of such actions is now shown.
Notable Items Edit
- Contains the Library within it.
- The player is able to save at certain points inside the Tower.